New Kia 2016 owner & infotainment upgrade question

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
lesteph

Post by lesteph »

Hi all - just joined this forum after buying a 2016 Kia Niro 2 last week. I'm loving the car so far.

Spacesaver spare wheel

As my car was ex-lease and came without a tyre repair kit or spare wheel, I made a quick video showing how I replaced the bottom tray in the boot with a spacesaver spare wheel and tools from eBay, if that's helpful to anyone:

Infotainment upgrade options?

One question I have about the car: it was registered in November 2016 and the infotainment system seems to be aware of Android Auto but not Apple CarPlay. Is it possible to do a software upgrade of the infotainment system (and presumably get updated maps too?) and if so - does that require going to a Kia Dealer or can I do a download to the SD card myself?

thanks!

djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

I took delivery of my Niro 2 in mid-2017, so I suspect it is the same hardware build as yours. It does indeed recognise / have Apple CarPlay.

I can’t say if the upgrade is possible from home or needs a dealer though. I seem to remember the topic having been discussed on the board before / people having got it done as part of service works.

If so, maybe an angle to try that if you happen to be near any of the dealers where the service work was done (i.e. argue that it should have been done as part of service)??
lesteph

Post by lesteph »

Thanks! Yes, I'll try the local Kia dealership and see what they say.
kia_e-niro_fan

Post by kia_e-niro_fan »

you can get latest updates here and it states how to do so but you do this at your own risk and you need to register on this site https://www.gpspower.net/kia/360287-kia ... ost1185788
@Dealers 06/03/2020, Picked Up 13/03/2020 Kia E-Niro '4 Gravity Blue