My order is in.

All Kia Niro related discussions
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

Last Thursday (12th October) following a test drive we ordered a new Niro 4 in Ocean Blue. We were given the 27th Oct as our collection day. Received a phone call this afternoon telling us our car has just been taken off of the car transporter. We have been invited to go and view the car tomorrow morning, but he did say it will still have it's plastic wrapping inside and out. Well, I can say I am impressed at how quick everything has gone.

In addition we were given a fantastic price for our 65 plate Sorento KX-4, in fact £2.5K more than we were hoping for. The Niro is coming with metallic paint, mud flaps, boot liner and carpet mats free of charge. We were amazed as we didn't need to do any haggling.
MY22 Kia Niro 2 - Pearl White

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Sounds like a great deal. With a lead time like that, perhaps you have benefited from a car that was designated to someone else but who has cancelled?

Anyway, whatever the root cause - well done and enjoy!
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

Thank you dj,
Apparently the salesman showed me that there was 30 Ocean Blue Niro 4's in the UK stockyard. I didn't notice how many there were of the other colours. He did show me that the availability of the 3's and 4's with the 16" wheels were nil.

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
Steve

Post by Steve »

When you view it , see if it has the battery pod in the boot , if it does , you have the 2016/17 model , hence the better deal ........ But i think having the lead acid battery is better .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

The order documents state MY18. The car doesn't have the hideous white panels on the doors and steering wheel, they have replaced them with piano black. I didn't notice if the battery was in the boot or not, as I wasn't looking for it.

JimT

Post by JimT »

Check the VIN on the car and identify the 10th character. If it's H the Model Year is 2017, if it's J then MY is 2018
Now: niro 2 (red)
Previous cars:
Citroen C3 Picasso (auto)
Renault grand scenic 1.5dci on 17" wheels (awful)
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

Thank you Jim, I have the VIN and the 10th character is J. So we did indeed get a good deal.