Cruise Control SEt Speed not Displayed

All Kia Niro related discussions
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

Suddenly my car has stopped displaying the set speed - instead three small lines apper where the speed should be shown in the dash.

The cruise control is working OK - but not displaying the set speed.

Strangely the set speed shows in the Speed Limit mode
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Strange one...have you tried switching between standard and smart cruise control? Insofar as there is no CTRL-ALT-DEL, it might oust the bug....
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

I have tried every permutation in the cruise options - sensitivity, distance etc plus non smart control with no result.

I have now found the problem mentioned on other KIA forums including UK and USA where people are seeing the problem. With my previous 2017 Niro you could reset the system by diconnecting the 12v battery in the boot for 30 minutes, then reconnecting. But the facelift 2021 car has the 12v supply as a section in the hybrid battery and I am unwilling to delve into such high voltahe innards.

Not all KIA users have bothered to connect to the KIA Connect app so perhaps the problem is confined to those that have connected - like me. If so, I suspect that there was a bug in one of the KIA Connect downloads to the car
Phil@highfield

Post by Phil@highfield »

This problem has just occurred on my 2022 HEV following a service and odometer upgrade. I don't have Kia Connect. I do have a 12V battery but am not sure I want to disconnect it as not sure how this relates to the power battery.
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

An update on my car not showing the cuise control set speed.

My car went in for its 2 year service and a KIA update yesterday. I had asked them to correct the cruise problem - and they did.

I can now see the cruise set speed in the display.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post