Bought one :-)

All Kia Niro related discussions
Martinb

Post by Martinb »

After a great test drive ordered mine today. As we choose blue with the ADAP option looks like a good 12 weeks or so. Ordered the 2 model as has most of the options we would like plus put off top end models due to a lot of reviews saying worse ride with the bigger wheels plus higher CO2 ( have to pay small road tax as opposed to zero) and lower fuel economy. Can't wait to take delivery but looks like we will have to wait until an early Christmas present.

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I'd be interested to hear what your insurance company requires as proof of the AEB installation as it is a non-standard feature for the 2?
Mike R
Niro 2 Black [no additional driving aids] Since 1 Sept 2016
Previously: Sportage KX2awd on11 plate
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Just off to collect the Niro 2, having just read in the paper that What Car mileage tests found it does not do 74.3mpg but 50.1mpg. Still better than the 28.5 I am getting from the Sportage in local journeys.
Mike R
PhillipM

Post by PhillipM »

Greenman wrote:Just off to collect the Niro 2, having just read in the paper that What Car mileage tests found it does not do 74.3mpg but 50.1mpg. Still better than the 28.5 I am getting from the Sportage in local journeys.
Hopefully you post your initial impressions and mpg when you have collected your Niro :D
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

The full-size spare-wheel is not available until October. They gave me about 2/3 a tank of fuel - generous. Ride is more comfortable than the Sportage, and engine noise more noticeable when accelerating. Start-up with no engine noise is a bit different! Handbook will require considerable attention. Otherwise quite taken with automatic headlight control, automatic wipers, and automatic wing-mirror folding on locking.

The middle rear seat belt winds back into the top of the seat where the metal tongues flop around a bit, think there should have been something to tuck them into. There might be of course and I've not found it yet.
Mike R
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Congratulations on your new car! Look forward to seeing the pictures ;)

The Qashqai has a little clip for the centre belt otherwise you're right it bounces around a bit. What about just leaving it fastened?
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Rob, can you explain the process for adding photos? Not that I'm thinking of trying to out-do the glossy pics on Kia's website.
Mike R
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Sorry just noticed your question.

On a new post or full reply form click the 'upload attachment' button at the bottom of the form, then click choose file and finally the add the file button.

Write your message and submit as normal.
T552

Post by T552 »

Getting a 2 in midnight black. Due in 2 weeks
Niro 2 midnight black (No ADAP) Sept 17
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

T552 wrote:Getting a 2 in midnight black. Due in 2 weeks
Welcome along, bet you can't wait! What are you changing from?