SATNAV speed camera warning

All Kia Niro related discussions
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

If the phone can connect to the Internet and download Android auto then it would be a smartphone. You don't need to spend a fortune you can get perfectly good one for less than £100.

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

I have set my mobile phone to act as a wireless hotspot, this enables traffic and speed camera updates. Use the Kia Hotspot app so that this happens automatically.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

I bought a TP-Link M7350 V4 LTE-Advanced Mobile Wi-Fi unit which is permanently left in the car plugged into the USB socket in the central armrest cubby. It is loaded with a Data only pay as you go SIM and I don't need to use my phone.

I was forever leaving the phone in the car before I bought the TP link and was going to buy a second phone until I found this - it is much cheaper and totally reliable.

TP-Link M7350 V4 LTE-Advanced Mobile Wi-Fi
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
Hopp

Post by Hopp »

Re: SATNAV speed camera warning

What exactly is a 'TP-Link M7350 V4 LTE-Advanced Mobile Wi-Fi unit'.
Can you explain what it does and how do you use it ?
Suman

Post by Suman »

A mobile Wifi unit is a device that connects to the Internet over 3G/4G via a SIM card and broadcasts a WiFi signal to the surrounding area which you can connect to. You would typically purchase it with a set amount of data which lasts for a given period, which you then pay to top up. It's an alternative to sharing the Internet connection from a smartphone but in both cases you have to pay for the data via a plan or Pay as You Go with your network provider.

The Kia Niro could connect via WiFi through it to enable live traffic update and speed camera information.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post