MIne is here!

All Kia Niro related discussions
M. Irvine.

Post by M. Irvine. »

Picked up my Niro 2 with ADAP today, and have only done a few miles, and it seems even quieter than the one I went in many months ago!
Fitted my dash cam, which I don't like driving without.
Will spend some time this weekend understanding all the functions.
Love the Ocean Blue colour and I am very pleased!
Like others, waiting for a space saver wheel/tyre and touch up paint. :D

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi M Irvine. Yes car is quiet but I felt the gear change is less smooth than my road test. Your comments about electric handbrake is agreed with but I am not sure I like the position on the Niro. I would prefer if it was on outside of driver seat or lower down from where it currently is. Not sure it's going to be there on revised model or the electric version !
Currently MPG is below 50 but it's early days and time will improve. Any comments on the boot cover design? I notice the Ionia has a guide rail so you cannot miss the catch when pulling against the tension. I never get it in first time so to avoid scratching the plastic trim have given up with using it. I wish I had been on the user trials, pre release because otherwise it's a nice car revs h2onorth
M. Irvine.

Post by M. Irvine. »

I four days I have done nearly 500 miles of mixed journeys and, according to the dash computer, my average consumption is 69.9 mile/gall. I suspect it is reasonably accurate, and apparently I have enough fuel for another 114 miles. I now like the foot operated parking brake, and feel if it was lower down it could be inadvertently applied. All told, well impressed! :D

I also have a 2014 Fiat Doblo 1.6 diesel, and the best I have had out of this is just over 64 mile/gall and in 11000 miles it has averaged 52 mile/gall. It is, of course, not a fair comparison as the Doblo is converted to a mini motor home and is quite heavy especially when fully loaded, and came with heavy duty brakes, suspension wheels and tyres.
M. Irvine.

Post by M. Irvine. »

I meant to say I don't like the boot cover catch design, and feel this could have been done better. I usually get one side in and not the other!
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi M Irvine. Glad you are pleased. Agree with comments about boot shield action it's rubbish. I notice the Ioniq has a channel in which the same flexible cover slides but at least it engages both sides accurately. Handbrake I am still not at home with after similar mileage, I occasionally forget to release it but at least it beeps at me .
MPG better than me , is yours a 2?. I am only averaging around 50
Regs h2onorth
M. Irvine.

Post by M. Irvine. »

Yes, mine is a 2.

Everyone loves the Ocean Blue colour, and so do I!
M. Irvine.

Post by M. Irvine. »

Another weeks motoring, this time nearly all shortish journeys.

My fuel consumption has dropped under these conditions, but has still averaged 62.4 mile/gall.

What I have noticed is that when stationary with the radio on, I keep getting a warning that the 12v battery is is becoming discharged. Has anyone else noticed the same?
MiguelG

Post by MiguelG »

Yeah... Same warning. Don't worry. It's a kind of disclaimer
Martinb

Post by Martinb »

Picked mine up on Friday, Niro2 in Ocean Blue with ADAP.

Absolutely love it,especially the adaptive cruise control. Done about 150 miles and so far 57 MPG. Brilliant car although missed that it had no CD player supposedly us oldies have to steam our music and then plug in :)
Ianb1550

Post by Ianb1550 »

I picked up my first edition in pearl white today after a seventeen week wait, drives great so comfortable and well over 50 mpg at a steady 65 mph.