Apple CarPlay

All Kia Niro related discussions
gimball

Post by gimball »

I've seen in the US forums that their vehicles have CarPlay available already - did anyone get their Niro updated with this in EU?

Overthehill

Post by Overthehill »

Customer service on the UK Facebook page told me "Q1" . I pointed out they only had a month left but there was no further info
Daithi

Post by Daithi »

I was told end of February but have heard nothing ... sent email to my dealer for an update and will post here when I get a response.
MiguelG

Post by MiguelG »

In Spain nothing new. Looks like Kia/Hyundai is having some delay here
Scottiebw

Post by Scottiebw »

I've just been informed the sat nav / Apple CarPlay SD cards are being dispatched to dealerships next week. The upgrade is free but there is a £25 labour charge.
Overthehill

Post by Overthehill »

Had mine done this week
mashcroft

Post by mashcroft »

Trying to get mine booked in for this @Dover Aldershot, first they have never heard of the upgrade or carplay, now they know all about it but want the car for a whole day to upgrade it !!!!

Think I will go to another dealer

I will let you know how it goes
Ianb1550

Post by Ianb1550 »

Had mine done yesterday in lee on solent, no charge, but rubbish really. Apple car play only works when phone is plugged in to USB, so if you want apple car play, that you can't use the wireless charger which I use all the time
Terry

Post by Terry »

Sorry for being behind the times! But what does 'Apple Car Play' do exactly?? I am due to get it (for free) whenever I make the appointment with the garage. thanks
gimball

Post by gimball »

Terry wrote:Sorry for being behind the times! But what does 'Apple Car Play' do exactly?? I am due to get it (for free) whenever I make the appointment with the garage. thanks
You can use the handsfree button on the steering wheel to give Siri commands (i.e. answer calls, play music, type out messages) and if you connect the phone with the usb cable it takes over the infotainment system and allows you to use apps on your iphone (e.g. google maps) on the nice big LCD car screen.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post