Foot Parking Brake

All Kia Niro related discussions
stever

Re: Foot Parking Brake

Post by stever » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:18 pm

hi tony i went for niro 4 with 16inch wheels instead of 18inch better fuel economy and cheaper road tax. mpg in summer was fantastic high 80 now getting colder i noticed engine running more so little more fuel being used. dont tend to use foot brake leave it in park but you get use to it very quickly,
steve r

Hazza selby

Post by Hazza selby » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:16 pm

Compared to a regular handbrake this is surely preferable as it's rarely used and declutters the centre console without compromising on usability. The problem is both styles of parking brake are rubbish compared to a good electronic parking brake found on many modern cars now. They are fantastic and basically allow you to forget there's a parking brake at all as they automatically engage and disengage as you stop. I have a Passat which has the e-brake and its brilliant. This seriously puts me off a Niro phev as my next car. I was all ready to place the order but had a look at one at a dealer and noticed the foot brake. I had assumed this would have an e-brake especially as its a hybrid and would want to include all the latest technology. Kia need to up their game here.

kn4

Post by kn4 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:53 am

I got used to the foot brake - its not much of a hassle.

I see that the new e-Niro has an electric brake.
MY18 Niro 4, 16" Wheels, Rich Espresso!

Return to “Main Kia Niro chat”