Creaking / squeaking noise from the dash board !?

All Kia Niro related discussions
Avtur79

Post by Avtur79 »

Has anyone else got an annoying creaking and squeaking noise coming from the dash ? It happen to me today. Mine came from the drivers side, where the top of the dash meets the central cluster plastic outer frame. With the car stopped, and when I push the dash and plastic, it squeaks. Any help of info on how to stop this would be great.

Many thanks

AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

I would be taking mine to the dealer if I had that problem with a new car.
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
Avtur79

Post by Avtur79 »

Just an update. This morning I had to push up lightly on the plastic central cluster surround and down on the top of the dash and it seems to have fixed the problem. I just took it for a spin and the creeking noise has disappeared. I can't say for sure what the cause of the problem was, but by simply and gently manipulating the dash and individual parts, it stopped the squeaking noise. If it occurs again, I will take it back to the dealer and report back on here.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Glad you have sorted your dash out ...... I found out yesterday when i was washing my car , the near side wing mirror is lose , and one of the key fobs is faulty , you have to press the lock button about 7 times if your lucky , took it back to the dealer , all did was re-programed it , still the same ... I'm beginning to think us first time buyers are being used as test dummys .... oh ya ... got a stone chip on my bonnet , never heard it happen , its taken the paint off , and you can see the aluminum and a very slight dent ....
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi Steve, the creaks should not be there and no mention of noises like this on other niro sites.
The stone chip is a bummer but as we all know our roads are full of rubbish and junk. Quite a few vehicles live on unmade up roads/ drives where tyres particularly good depth tyres collect `rocks` which later spin out on main roads at super sonic speeds.
May i say this, slightly tongue in cheek, when was the last time you checked your own tyres for lodged stones? As a bit of an obsessive guy i check mine every 2 to 3 days!!! Sometimes it might stop punctures.
h2o north
Steve

Post by Steve »

I never bother to check the tyres to be honest , but you can clearly see what ever it was that hit my bonnet , came straight at me , as there are also a couple scratch marks just above the chip . i put some paint on it , and gave it a good polish .. No doubt there will be other chips later on as time goes by , to be expected really . but a dent . I'm sure the bonnet is made by bacofoil ...lol.... Its very thin .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011