Fuel

All Kia Niro related discussions
Johnrussell

Post by Johnrussell »

I am amazed, bought our niro on Wednesday not gone far in it, today I drove 26 miles and got 62.1 mpg.

JimT

Post by JimT »

Hi John,

That's good to know. I live in a particularly hilly town/area so if I can get anything over 35mpg I'll be well pleased. My current car struggles to get 30mpg locally but mid 40's on a long run.
Now: niro 2 (red)
Previous cars:
Citroen C3 Picasso (auto)
Renault grand scenic 1.5dci on 17" wheels (awful)
gimball

Post by gimball »

It saves most fuel on parts where regular cars suffer - hilly slow town rides are the cheapest, it spends most fuel cruising on the motorway.
JimT

Post by JimT »

Thanks, gimball. That's very reassuring and I'm really looking forward to getting the niro. Month and a half to go and counting ............
Previous cars:
Suman

Post by Suman »

The car is sensitive to tyre pressures. Last week I suddenly found my average fuel economy drop to 45mpg. Checking the tyre pressures, they had dropped from 36 down to around 32psi.

I topped them all up at the weekend, and my fuel economy is back up to mid 50s for my commute.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
JimT

Post by JimT »

That's something worth knowing. I usually keep mine 1 or 2 psi above standard recommended pressure. Didn't the TPMS register a drop?
Previous cars:
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi all.
In UK temperatures now dropping and a co!d start so the Tpms initially shows 34 or 35. If you go fast enough or corner a lot may go up to 36 psi. My question is should the tyres start at 37 psi ,I feel probably should.
At what point does the Tpms show low pressure on a tyre or tyres, 30psi or lower?
h2onorth
Suman

Post by Suman »

36psi is the cold temperature, ideally set when the car has not run for at least 4 hours. In use, expect it to rise to 39psi or more.

I haven't yet had the TPMS alarm go off. I expect it might when a tyre pressure drops into the low 20s, if it's similar to other cars I've owned with such a system.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo