Parking Assist - Behaviour of the Front sensors

All Kia Niro related discussions
knea

Post by knea »

Hi,
I'm still confused about the expected system behaviour of the front sensors. Does the following seem correct?
The front sensors are active and reporting obstacles under the following circumstances:
a) if you push the button Parking Assist. E.g. you are approaching the car park space, in D, and you push the button.
b) after shifting to R for a little bit, even if you subsequently shift to D
c) when in D, for a little bit after turning the engine on
Plus, the led of the parking assist button is off when driving, unless one of the 3 cases above applies.

Thanks!
Kia Niro HEV First Edition, 2017, White Pearl

smileymiley

Post by smileymiley »

That is correct.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro

I came, I saw, I stuck around
knea

Post by knea »

Ah! Thanks, smileymiley
Kia Niro HEV First Edition, 2017, White Pearl
deguy

Post by deguy »

Parking assist button? Maybe I should read the manual after all. It drives me nuts that the front sensors aren't automatically active when parking nose in, which I do most of the time.

Especially since they were on my previous car.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
chrisl

Post by chrisl »

Agreed 'deguy'. The fact that you have to push the button when moving forwards into a space is really annoying, and there is always the possibility that you think they are on but have forgotten to press the button. The light on the button is very small too so it is not easy to know if the sensors are on or not. Why don't they come on automatically at below say 10 kms an hour?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post