European Driving

All Kia Niro related discussions
pandjb

Post by pandjb »

Previously owned RHD Volvo's had ability to switch lights for driving in continental Europe. Also had the facility to set alarm to 'reduced guard' - effectively switching off movement sensors - during overnight ferry crossings.

Kia manual suggests I don't need to do anything to the lights when driving in continental Europe. Why do I not believe that? Has anyone driven a RHD Niro in Europe without annoying oncoming drivers?

The user manual section on the alarm doesn't appear to suggest that motion sensors can be switched off. Any ideas if this is possible?
Niro 3, Q3/2017, Ocean Blue.

djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Don't know about the motion sensors - we did the channel tunnel trip so it was a short crossing and no need to worry about the sensors.

As far as the settings on the lights are concerned - we did 2,500 miles of driving on the right hand side of the road, a fair chunk of which was evening / nighttime and never got flashed once by oncoming drivers. I had some black insulation tape in the car ready to cut patches to blank off parts of the lenses but didn't feel the need.