Sat Nav route options

All Kia Niro related discussions
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

Is it possible to see different route options for your proposed trip?
Mine only shows fastest but it makes me think there should be other options. I've looked at the various settings screens to no avail.
Thanks
Current: Kia Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous: Citroen DS4, Hyundai i40 Premium Tourer,Ford Mondeo Econetic

deguy

Post by deguy »

Last edited by deguy on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

If you go into the route, then select the third tab at the top of the screen, it gives the options for either fastest or shortest route, avoiding motorways etc.
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

djbobbins wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:01 pm If you go into the route, then select the third tab at the top of the screen, it gives the options for either fastest or shortest route, avoiding motorways etc.
Thanks, got it now.

All my other sat navs have given the choice when planning the route and gave a visual on the map of the intended route. Wouldn't be fun if all manufacturers copied each other!
Current: Kia Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous: Citroen DS4, Hyundai i40 Premium Tourer,Ford Mondeo Econetic
Hopp

Post by Hopp »

Have a Niro 4 and have just changed my route to shortest.
With the hope that I might stop being sent down narrow country roads / farm tracks - as has happened when set to fastest.

On another subject, does anyone know how to stop or cancel route guidance once a destination is set.
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

The shortest route will sent you down narrow single track lanes with grass growing down the middle - if the sat nav thinks it can save 100 yards by cutting a corner - rather that going to the junction of the main roads where you could turn left or right.

You will make things worse rather than better.

When the sat nav asks me to make a turn - I always glance at the map to check that it looks sensible.

Regarding stopping guidance. When guidance is set, touch the 3 bar icon on the bottom left of the screen - a menu opens.

Now touch "Stop Guidance".

It will be worth your while familiarising yourself with the other items in the menu while you are at it..
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
Hopp

Post by Hopp »

Thanks a lot AlanHo.

Can't believe I haven't looked at that - will check it out next time I'm out.
aubreyd

Post by aubreyd »

Don’t forget you have apple car play, so you can use google maps and waze