Media unit stays on

All Kia Niro related discussions
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

Hi, An unusual observation.

When I switch the car off the media unit continues to play until I open the drivers door - ok, I can deal with that even though I have never had it on any other vehicle but what is strange is the following...

I opened the front passenger door, and pressed the ignition button to power up my dash cam as I wanted to check something, media unit powered up and the night air was filled with delightful tunes. Two presses on the ignition button later and the car was off, media unit continued playing. I closed the passenger door and locked the vehicle - yup you guessed it, media unit still going for it. Waited a couple of minutes before unlocking and closing the drivers door to make it stop.

Why would you create a car that does this, I think the battery reset button will come in handy in the future?
Current: Kia Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous: Citroen DS4, Hyundai i40 Premium Tourer,Ford Mondeo Econetic

Suman

Post by Suman »

Many people may drive to a destination, park up and wait in the vehicle. They may wish to hear some music.

If left on for more than a few minutes, there is a warning about battery discharge that appears on the display.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post