Steering wheel locks

All Kia Niro related discussions
Pippy. Polo

Post by Pippy. Polo »

Just bought a steering wheel lock for my niro trim 4as it has the keyless system and I have read reports that cars with this system are being hacked and being stolen mine is made by streetwise its rhetoric double bare version with hooks that go through the wheel https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tierxxl-Anti-T ... B075G181FL# its like this but by streetwise and works really well as a deterent

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Surely the point of a keyless system is that you don't have to faff about with keys "as long as they're in there somewhere". Bit pointless therefore having a key operated steering lock. Keep your keys in a biscuit tin at home and in a metallic lined pouch when you're out and about if you're worried. (Assume you protect your credit cards!) If they're clever enough to hack your car, they'll be clever enough to pick the lock on that steering lock. Otherwise get Kia to disable the keyless system.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
Pippy. Polo

Post by Pippy. Polo »

Yes may be however the news reports that I have read are all saying that thay are a deterent and I for one will try to do any thing to slow would be theifs down from getting my car
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

I think thieves will be targeting high-end cars, not our lowly Kia Niro's?
MY22 Kia Niro 2 - Pearl White

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

AlanW55 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:26 pm Surely the point of a keyless system is that you don't have to faff about with keys "as long as they're in there somewhere". Bit pointless therefore having a key operated steering lock.
If the device is to serve only as a deterrent - then hook it on but don't lock it. You still have keyless entry. The suggection about depositing keys in a metal tin though is very valid.
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue