Snowfoam

All Kia Niro related discussions
MrAnderson

Post by MrAnderson »

Time for a snowfoam wash as the tailgate soon gets very dirty, I don't know if it's a aerodynamic design thing :?

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi MrAnderson
Yes likewise, I am told all these upright rear ended designs suffer from this problem, even over short journeys.
My particular grip in this area is that the reversing camera becomes unuseable in wet conditions over as little as a 5 mile journey. Get out and wipe before parking. The design needs to have an electric cover like headlight washers have to solve this problem.
h2onorth
Ritz

Post by Ritz »

h2onorth wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:40 pm Hi MrAnderson
Yes likewise, I am told all these upright rear ended designs suffer from this problem, even over short journeys.
My particular grip in this area is that the reversing camera becomes unuseable in wet conditions over as little as a 5 mile journey. Get out and wipe before parking. The design needs to have an electric cover like headlight washers have to solve this problem.
h2onorth
Has anyone tried putting a bit of RainX or similar over camera
MrAnderson

Post by MrAnderson »

h2onorth wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:40 pm Hi MrAnderson
h2onorth
I thought I'd take advantage of the slightly warmer weather & wash the grit salt off the car. I think I'm going to start carrying a squirty bottle of rain x or something similar to spray on the lens instead of wiping it as I noticed that the gritty salt on the reversing camera lens would get very scratched up over time with wiping.

JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Please come and do mine!!!
Washed it Saturday, used Sunday and it is even dirtier now.........
niroal

Post by niroal »

IMG_0290 (1).jpg

IMG_0292 (1).jpg

Pictures from Wednesday & there was a lot more snowy driving during the rest of the week, so perhaps it is due a bit of a wash!!!
Last edited by niroal on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
niroal

Post by niroal »

IMG_0317 (1).jpg

I felt sorry for the car so cleaned it. It only had a quick winter clean to get the crud off so it will have to wait for a proper clean & polish
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Looks clean to me despite your winter wipe. Do you wet with hose / cold water before snow foam or snow foam first? If use snow foam do u wash by hand afterwards or just pressure wash? I find that good as it is (snow foam) I still need to do 2bucket system hand wash to get the fine brown road dirt off.
h2onorth