Rattle

All Kia Niro related discussions
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Very pleased with my PHEV in gravity blue - but - get an occasional rattle at the back. Have taken tyre foam pack out and the loose towing eye, re-packed it in foam together with the locking wheel box. (Rather surprised not to even get a wheel brace!!).

Has anyone had similar? Seems to sound like the tailgate is not closing tight enough..........

Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

I sometimes find the tailgate doesn't shut properly, it needs a good slam to close fully. I always get the warning on the dash that it is not shut though. I have had rattles from the rear seatbelt buckles knocking on the plastic trim.

David
MY22 Kia Niro 2 - Pearl White

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Thanks David. Tailgate closes easily and no dash warning. Checked rear belts too. Happens when going over bump with uneven surface like body tries to twist. Oh well will keep investigating.
Recycleman

Post by Recycleman »

I had rattle found it was the rear seat belt knocking on the plastic as soon as I put it into the storage slot by the door rattle stopped.
JimT

Post by JimT »

I had a rattle that suddenly developed. After a 3 day investigation, it turned out to be a AAA battery in the box section under the drivers floor.
Now: niro 2 (red)
Previous cars:
Citroen C3 Picasso (auto)
Renault grand scenic 1.5dci on 17" wheels (awful)
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Ah I will check belts again!! Hope there is no loose batteries..........

Thanks for the help.
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Just driven 70 ish miles this eve over some very poor roads - rattle has not got worse. Does not do it all the time which makes it difficult to
pinpoint.
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

500 miles now and rattle has gone!! Hooray. Great car too. Apart from the engine noise when accelerating hard I like it
better than my 300h Lexus. Brill.
niroal

Post by niroal »

Mine had the rattle from the back when new, towing eyes are now wrapped in an old towel, but it was still there. After about a month it magically disappeared. Weird. The rear belts are a bit of a pain, they twist so easily & it is only a couple of hundred yards after pulling away when dropping the kids at school that you hear it. Grrr.

I've now got 6400 miles on the clock (since 20th November) & the rattle has not reappeared..... Fingers crossed.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

How very odd - like you fingers crossed.