PHEV Scheduled Charging

All Kia Niro related discussions
MerlinXL

Post by MerlinXL »

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but my Niro 3 PHEV is unwilling to charge in off-peak hours.
I have set the timer ON using the AVN screen.
The LCD screen confirms it is on when I take out the key.
I plug the charger in and the green light in the dashboard flashes as it is supposed to do.
BUT when I lock the car the green light comes fully on and charging commences straight away.
I want to use off-peak economy 7 rate electricity but the car won’t play ball.

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

When you say you set the timer ON, do you mean you are setting an ON time, such as 1am, or are you just switching it on? I would have thought everything would be off when you take the key out, only coming on at the set time?
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
MerlinXL

Post by MerlinXL »

No, I meant that on the AVN PHEV charging settings I have set it to “charge on schedule” having set the schedule and for good luck selecting off peak tariffs and setting the off peak hours too.
MerlinXL

Post by MerlinXL »

Solved
Given the opportunity to sit in a warm Niro while my wife shopped, rather than in the dead of night as I plugged the PHEV into its charger, I have found that if selecting “activate off peak time settings” then please remember to set some sensible on and off times rather than leave the default times active.
The “charge now” override switch with no indicator light on the lower RHS switch panel does work and the green dome will stop flashing and come on if the button is pressed.
If only the main manual and the multilingual “Simple” manual spelled it out properly.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post