Etiquette

All Kia Niro related discussions
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

At public chargers it takes nearly 2.50 hours from right empty - is that acceptable or is an hour (ish) expected?

Have left my mob number if I know it will be a long time.

Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

Like you I would be interested to hear as I am contemplating a PHEV. My gut reaction is that a minimum of an hour would be OK, time for a coffee & something to eat at a motorway service area or to go shopping must be acceptable. Also, how many chargers?

Wonder how the etiquette thing works when a drongo with a conventional internal combustion engined car parks at the only charging point left!

I was amazed when calling in at the Baie du Somme service area south of Calais after Easter. Nine charging points and not one in use. Unless the Tesla Owners club turned up for a club meet you could hook up for as long as you want! (Subject to Motorway Parking limits which are, in the UK, 2 hours without fee)
🚙
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Mileage now 360. And very pleased with it too -comfort and ease of access jolly good. Performance bit early to tell but seems to go well.

Charging points only seem to allow 1 at a time, although have found one that will do 2!!

The council office car park says '2 hour limit' so I take it that would be a fair period.
niroal

Post by niroal »

Motorway services are generally tethered rapid chargers (43 or 50 kW) so not at all suitable for the Niro. For chargers that you use your own cable for, I just go with signage. At Bluewater shopping centre in Kent (there are 8 bays) cars are often left for many hours.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
JOL54

Post by JOL54 »

Thanks.
I spoke to Polar after I had a sarky remark on the Zap Map comments!!! They made it clear that while you are charging it is your slot and even if you left it for 2 or 3 days there was nothing they could do! Common decency of course to remove as soon as charged.

Also common sense to check on line to see if point is in use before turning up.

The Council point I use does give a 2 hr limit for non council employees.