Is Kia customer service always rubbish ?

All Kia Niro related discussions
M. Irvine.

Post by M. Irvine. »

Certainly not in my case. My dealer Dover Garage, Aldershot, have given outstanding service to me, and to others I know who use them. Obsolutely no complaints.

h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Short answer no, but you do have to make sure that they are clear on what needs doing.
Example, recently car hybrid went in for 2018 map update and a couple of recall adjustments.
Car done on-time and cleaned inside as well but, surprise they had forgotten to update my map card and had only done a headunit software update.
Am awaiting apology and reasons for this.
Had I not been in a hurry when collecting the car a quick check would have revealed that the map reference number ( system information) had not changed. I find servicing generally ok but sometimes desk staff can be slow to respond and can tend to assume customers are non technical which lets them down. Also I wonder if the servicing technicians are checked before the car is returned and if so by whom?
h2onorth
Redmires

Post by Redmires »

To answer my original question - No....... it's actually worse than rubbish, it's appalling.

Took my Niro in for the product recall two weeks ago. I got the car back 9 days later. Again, my wife had to come to the rescue as I was stranded at work. Good job her Kuga is a Ford and not a Kia as that went in for a recall the day before and she got it back the same morning. I wouldn't touch a Kia again if they were giving them away, which is a pity, because the car has been fine. The car is on lease and goes back in 3 months. I'm going to have them collect it a month early to save me from taking it to the Kia dealer for its 2nd service. Never again !!!!
niroal

Post by niroal »

Redmires your issues appear to be the dealer rather than the brand it is unfortunate that they are your local one.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

Tower Hill Kia in Chipperfield (Kings Langley) seem fine so far. The salesman (Chris) was laid back, were happy for me to take a test drive unaccompanied, and weren't phased when I arrived with a load of luggage to see how much of it the boot would accommodate. When I said I wasn't sure about the car, he told me that he was not going to try to persuade me as I had to be sure before making my decision. At the time I was thinking of buying from new, but a few days later, saw that the car I had tested was for sale with under 2k miles on the clock and I negotiated a reasonable price for it. I was surprised when I went to collect it that I'd been given a new set of mats - in addition to the originals, which,I'm still using, as they are still in near new condition.

When I did have a problem (with the charging), the service department was fully booked for a week, so to accommodate me, they inserted a slot before start of play next day. The car was fixed with no fuss, and the mechanic took the time to explain the problem to me (it wasn't properly registering the charge flap opening/closing, needing some metal to be filed away). He even engaged me in a discussion regarding my initial feedback on the car. He seemed genuinely interested.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post