New Niro 3 Petrol consumption

All Kia Niro related discussions
chassyd

Post by chassyd »

I've had my new Niro 2 weeks. I filled the petrol tank to the top, have run it until down to "40 miles left", driving very gently, driving on EV as often as possible. I filled it again, and it worked out 49.6 MPG. Was expecting higher petrol consumption to be honest. I know the engine is very new, and consumption may improve, but has anyone any comments, is this what is expected??

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

Assuming you've done your sums correctly, it sounds low as I get around your figure in my HEV and I don't hang about! What is your trip computer telling you?
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

With the end - hopefully - of the cold weather my fuel economy has gone up by about 10mpg for my 11 mile trip to / from work.

When it was cold I was getting as low as circa 43mpg but on a careful drive home yesterday it exceeded 60mpg according to the trip computer, with the typical "normal" drive delivering about 53-55mpg. This is for mainly fast A-roads and about 3 miles of lanes with some country lanes.

I'd suggest you give it a couple more tanks of fuel to see how things develop.
chassyd

Post by chassyd »

Thanks for your responses. My trip keeps showing between 50-60 mpg but it was the fuelling check mileage / gallons fuelled gave me the original figure. As you say, hopefully warmer weather on the way, and give it another couple of refuels and I’ll check it again.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post