PHEV Charging

All Kia Niro related discussions
NiroMax

Post by NiroMax »

Hi,
Collected my PHEV Niro on Thursday 5th. April from Kia Dealership. Not enough charge in the Hybrid battery to run in EV mode and just about
enough fuel to get to the nearest filling station!

However, petrol purchased I went home. At home I used the "trickle charger" to put some charge into the Hybrid battery, I could not fully recharge it as I was going out that night.

The next afternoon I reconnected the trickle charger and allowed the Hybrid battery to reach full charge. Whilst the battery was charging I was setting the AVN up how I wanted it, with the car switched on.

Ever since then I have had the Aux Battery Saver+ red LED flashing whenever I turn the car off. The car runs OK, both in EV and HEV modes.
The manual makes sugestions such as a scheduled charging time missed. I checked this - there are no scheduled times set, and the system is
set to charge on plugin. It also suggests running the car for 30 minutes in HEV mode to rechage the 12v battery - tried this no change, also where is
the 12v Battery reset switch, the switch shown in the manual refers the LKAS switch on the car!

The car seems fine, anyone any ideas what I have done to cause this situation? This red LED has now been flashing since Friday night whenever the
car is switched off.

exguitarman

Post by exguitarman »

Hi,Could this be the light that flashes when the car is switched off to show that the car alarm is active.
NiroMax

Post by NiroMax »

Oh DOH!!!

Of course it is!!

Believe it or not, this is the first car I have had, that has an alarm fitted.

Many thanks for replying, you have put my addled mind at rest.
MerlinXL

Post by MerlinXL »

Don’t be ashamed. I had a hunch but searched all the manuals and found no mention of the red flashing light.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post