Lane Keep Assist

All Kia Niro related discussions
JimT

Post by JimT »

Is it my imagination or does the LKAS only function on white lane markings?

Drove through road works with yellow temporary markings and the system went to standby mode. Going back onto std white lanes the system re-activated.

Only other thing I can think is the lanes were narrower through the roadworks and the system isn't calibrated for this.

Bog standard niro 2.
Now: niro 2 (red)
Previous cars:
Citroen C3 Picasso (auto)
Renault grand scenic 1.5dci on 17" wheels (awful)

deguy

Post by deguy »

I don't do much on the motorways, but I have formed the same opinion.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
Suman

Post by Suman »

I've had it work with green lane markings in the past. I think it may be partly due to the colour, but also the width of the lane has an effect - if it's too narrow or too wide, the LKAS will not work.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

The LKAS seems to be inconsistent on my car.

I almost always need to guide the car manually through right hand bends to prevent it running over the line on the left - but rarely need to guide the car round left hand bends.

It is also ineffective when the road is wet and you are driving into the sun - especially when it is low in the sky in winter.

Whilst I still use LKAS regularly - I am aware that it is not a robust system.
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
T552

Post by T552 »

I used it twice. !st time hated it as it made the steering feel awful (to me).
so later thought give it another go. Felt awful again so have not used it since!
Niro 2 midnight black (No ADAP) Sept 17
Suman

Post by Suman »

I only use it on the motorways, and I'm glad it's available and easily switchable. It, along with the adaptive cruise control and android auto, swung my choice to buy the Niro instead of a Toyota Prius Excel.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
knea

Post by knea »

Quite surprinsgly - at least to me! - LKAS worked pretty well a few days ago with reflective markers.
This kind of stuff:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0
Kia Niro HEV First Edition, 2017, White Pearl
Bigtone1965

Post by Bigtone1965 »

I was lucky to go on a test track and set the cruise control at 45mph and took hands off the wheel it works perfect but at 20 seconds the car knows and ask you to replace hands on wheel .
Ps before you say I'm made i had my hands about 2 mm from the wheel just in case