Lead time/waiting time

All Kia Niro related discussions
HaxbyPete

Post by HaxbyPete »

In answer to the original question regarding current delivery times. I was at the KIA York dealership yesterday prior to deciding whether to go from my existing Niro4 EV to PHEV or even E-Niro.

The last option was quickly discarded when my friendly salesman told me that KIA UK are now quoting 42/46 weeks (and counting) on all new E-Niro orders ! Seems that they can't make enough of 'em to meet world demand due to the manufacture of the batteries !

So what about the PHEV I asked ? Well, first of all there is a 14 weeks delivery time, but the Government have now pulled the Plug-in Grant from all Plug-in Hybrids as, it seems, the Fleet Operators were playing silly buggers with the £3,500 grant allowance. They were buying the cars for business use but the company drivers were not using the plug-in feature or the electric drive at all as they were 'too busy' to do so ! They were just running them on petrol thereby losing eco-benefits of the hybrid car and the spirit of the Grant. So that means that the Government, having now pulled the £3,500 discount off all hut fully-electric cars, means that the PHEV now costs £3,500 more and we are all the poorer for it !

So what about the Niro EV ? Well, I have had one for the past two and a half years. A wonderful car, a delight to drive and as my First Edition has all the bells and whistles, some of which I would lose on the PHEV versions, I might just stick with that and have another one but in a different colour. But even that is on 14 weeks delivery ! So I will order one well in time for my Lease renewal which is mid-September.

I will have had four KIA cars then, starting out with Cee'ds and I can't think of any reason to change. Even though I have shopped around the Hybrid market this time, I still came back to KIA Niro !

jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

does 36-38 Miles on a full electric charge
Really? Mine indicates 35 miles when fully charged, but I struggle to get 30 miles at this time of year.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post