Lead time/waiting time

All Kia Niro related discussions
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

radar2018 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:28 pm Ordered 9 June, delivery x Sept 10 x now Oct 15 fingers crossed
I ordered the same Saturday! Was your delivery initially pushed back to December and then brought earlier? And also has your car received a build allocation yet?
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate

Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

Delivery confirmed for next week.
5 1/2 months start to finish
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous car 2.2d Mazda 6
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

I ordered the same Saturday! Was your delivery initially pushed back to December and then brought earlier? And also has your car received a build allocation yet?
[/quote]

December was not mentioned, but then I never bothered them after reading about the delays on this forum, I got in touch 28 August.

I do not know about build allocation, they just seemed confident about Oct and apologised about Sept
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue
si1972

Post by si1972 »

I ordered my PHEV with a lease company around 6th August, Kia cannot currently commit to a build/delivery date according to the lease company.
Akula

Post by Akula »

I ordered my Niro Phev on April 24th 2018 , and initial Delivery was early September , but changed to late october a month or so ago. So its basically 6+ months for me.

I dont even know where my car is , the rep at Tusker (Lease company) thinks its on a boat somewhere , they just dont know where.

It appears the dealers are struggling to get info from the Kia factory at Pyeongtaek in Korea.
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

Akula wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:49 pm I ordered my Niro Phev on April 24th 2018 , and initial Delivery was early September , but changed to late october a month or so ago. So its basically 6+ months for me.

I dont even know where my car is , the rep at Tusker (Lease company) thinks its on a boat somewhere , they just dont know where.

It appears the dealers are struggling to get info from the Kia factory at Pyeongtaek in Korea.
My dealer sent me a screenshot showing that the Niro had been shipped out. I checked the dates which didn't match up fully from departure date as the ship's second stop was pyeongtaek and arrival in the UK shows one day earlier. However, I believe it's on that ship for line as the order clearly shows shipped out and actual date
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

I have the vin number and a new delivery date 22 OCT. Perhaps they are both on the same ship. What date was the UK stop
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

I do not have a VIN number. But my delivery is meant to be 22nd October. The ship comes into the UK on 09/10/2018.

Here is a screenshot

kia.PNG

Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate
Akula

Post by Akula »

iwantanirophev wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:46 pm I do not have a VIN number. But my delivery is meant to be 22nd October. The ship comes into the UK on 09/10/2018.

Here is a screenshot

kia.PNG

Ill assume my car is also on this ship then , im in the same boat , ive got no vin number either.

Kia usually use glovis ships , but im assuming with the hold ups there is a backlog so have sub-contracted shipping to NOCC.

You can follow the ship on https://www.marinetraffic.com if you are not already doing so. Its in Libya just now.
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

It's really confusing because the dealer showed the order status with actual shipping date of 31/08 and estimated arrival of 08/10 (day earlier than this ship) so I'm assuming because there doesn't seem to be another ship around that time
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post