Lead time/waiting time

All Kia Niro related discussions
Akula

Post by Akula »

So is that screenshot you posted something that the dealer sent you , or what you have worked out yourself ?? If so what site did you get it from ? Its strange to find the final destination on them , as they usually only show the next port they are calling into.

The ship has now left Libya and heading next door to Tunisia

It certainly seems to tie in with the location (Pyeongtaek) and the final destination of Immingham , and also the time frame, and the dates you have will be estimates anyway , so dont worry about a day or so difference , but we might get a better idea of where its going after it leaves Tunisia.

For me the most frustrating thing is the lack of info that KIA seem to send to the dealers.

iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

kia.PNG

That is what I have worked out myself from the Eukor website who seem to handle the shipping of Kia. The car's shipping date seems to be confirmed according to the dealer so I just tried to match it all up - only dates which would make sense. Surprising though that the car seems to have shipped but we still don't have a VIN

Further to that, this ship was berthed at Pyeongtaek on 31/08 so it may actually be the ship
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate
Akula

Post by Akula »

It appears to have left Pyeongtaek on the 4th according to that , there is also a few Glovis ships that were round about Pyeongtaek the same time , give or take a couple days either side. But that one above looks more likely especially if you have been told its in transit.
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

Do Kia ship on Glovis? Thought it was only hyundai
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate
Akula

Post by Akula »

Yeah i believe they do. Eukor done all the shipping a few years back but Glovis got more involved. But as mentioned theres probably a big backlog so maybe hired in extra help.

"Although Eukor has transported all Kia and Hyundai cars from South Korea since 2002, this year Glovis will export 25% from the country, a percentage it expects to “increase year by year,” says Kim. Last year, Glovis announced that it expected to ship 50% of the volume by 2015"

Thats taken from the article below :

https://automotivelogistics.media/intel ... and-glovis
camiano

Post by camiano »

Hi - ordered my Kia Niro PHEV 13th July. Just been told by the dealer "your car is currently in production and is showing an estimated delivery date to the dealership of the end of November". That's 20 weeks ! Bit pissed it will arrive just a few days before the year changes. Ho hum.
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

For some reason the year change for reg number did not happen until March this year, might be the same next year
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

Yes, your car will be MY19 but plate 68. Each plate runs for 6months so beginning September - End of Feb
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate
niroal

Post by niroal »

Any orders not registered by Nov 11 will involve some negotiations.....
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
shikoku14

Post by shikoku14 »

My negotiation will be stick to the price I signed up to or you can keep the car :D

Joking aside, I do wonder if it will give Kia a kick up the backside to get the cars PDI'd and registered that are due into the country end of this month / early November. Mine is due at the dealer on 14 Nov, that probably means it will be landing in the UK end of this month.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post