Lead time/waiting time

All Kia Niro related discussions
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

9 June 2018
I am knee deep in instruction books at the minute, even though this is our 4th Kia, things are so much different, I am trying to get tomtom speed cameras at the moment
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue

Suman

Post by Suman »

You need to first connect the car to a WiFi hotspot - I recommend sharing the Internet connection from a smartphone. Once this is connected, a speed camera option will appear in settings.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
Akula

Post by Akula »

Well , after a near 7 month wait (a week short) my Niro is due to be delivered tomorrow.

Absolutely crazy that some people who ordered 5 or 6 weeks later than me already have them , but hey ho. Its been great reading everyones first impressions
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

I am sure you will enjoy it, I am finding my way now ," Kia connect" is working great thanks to forum members.
Mine must have come into the country on 9 October as I looked at history and it was driven 2 miles that day
I just need a bit(a lot) more sun, as I have a ZAPPY charger to work with the PV panels
Akula

Post by Akula »

Where did you guys get the info of when the car was first turned on ? Someone mentioned it , ive played with all the setting but couldnt find it.
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

PHEV--Eco Driving --History
Akula

Post by Akula »

Ah thanks , checked there it was empty so no doubt its been cleared.
TheMKD

Post by TheMKD »

So glad some people are getting their Niro PHEVs. Ordered mine in July via a leasing company. Having to pester for information.......latest estimate 07/01/18 but this is the 3rd date I have had. Not quite the 6 months yet.....but close. Resenting burning fuel at the moment......delays = ££££ :cry:
marjon

Post by marjon »

@Akula, @TheMKD
Where are you guys from.
I am UK based.
Ordered my PHEV from the dealer (on lease) on 21st Nov and they are saying it will be here by mid to end of March 2019.
As my current car lease ends 10th April 2019 those dates work great for me as it allows a little bit of delay time.
Also got the dealer to agree to lend me a free curtesy car until the car is available if the car is not available by 10th April.
So I am assuming with them agreeing to the curtesy car they must be pretty confident that it will turn up by then.

MarJon
TheMKD

Post by TheMKD »

@marjon
Also UK based.
Emailed Kia UK and they said (as have others on this feed) that the delay was due to production shut down as the WLTP testing was introduced. They say that production is up and running now. Hopefully this now means the end to long lead times.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post