Lead time/waiting time

All Kia Niro related discussions
Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

A vehicle carrier ship from Korea is coming into Immingham now.
Fair chance my Niro is on it
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous car 2.2d Mazda 6

ant22

Post by ant22 »

Just to prove that it's worth keeping the faith: I picked up my new Niro 4 yesterday! Five months is still a heck of a wait, but am aware I'm luckier than some. Hope that anyone else still waiting gets good news soon.
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

Also remember, people cancel orders and there's every chance your car can come in earlier
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate
pjm5755

Post by pjm5755 »

My Niro PHEV was delivered today and I'm very pleased with it, but just need to work out what everything does it! Its been at the dealership compound since 27th July so its been a long wait, mainly for the new September registration I assume.
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

For people who have already received their cars, how long did it take from being allocated a build slot to being on the ship to the UK?
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate
shikoku14

Post by shikoku14 »

My 1st November date (to supplier) just updated to 14 November today for my PHEV, which hopefully is more accurate (as the original 1 Nov was an arbitrary date based on when I ordered and standard lead times). I'm not expecting to take delivery until early-mid December as they tend to take a while to do PDI from what I've read and my own experience with my Soul EV (around 20 days).
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

By the way when did you order?
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue
shikoku14

Post by shikoku14 »

radar2018 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:02 pm By the way when did you order?
The order was processed (once all the paperwork was done) on 19 July.
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

Ordered 9 June, delivery x Sept 10 x now Oct 15 fingers crossed
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Have not been on the site for quite a long time and read with sympathy of those having a long wait for their new Niros.
I waited over 6 months for mine which I took delivery of in June ‘17. I like the car a lot.
But then in April this year I collapsed and suffered a life threatening and complicated head injury. Since then my motor,with just 2,500 miles on the clock, has stood on my driveway as my wife does nor drive. We have had to learn to get around, mostly for medical appointments, by local buses. I am now waiting for my licence reapplication to be approved and if so I may be able to climb aboard my Niro again. I run the engine about once very 3 weeks and move it to a slightly different position so as not to flat spot the tyres and leave the foot “ handbrake” off to avoid it seizing.
So when you fret about your Niro’s delayed arrival remember worst things could happen!!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post