Lead time/waiting time

All Kia Niro related discussions
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

We had a look at the BMW and it seems they will be hit by the new emissions testing. It has higher CO2, nearly 10miles less electric range, less MPG and not as much kit for the same money. One reason for the waits is probably because of how popular the Niro PHEV is because of how good it is and having to wait for the the new testing to come into place before production can start again (as it is impossible to make new cars, and deliver them all in 10 days).

I have been told November with production starting in September October
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate

Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

I honestly wouldn't have any confidence in any expected delivery date you are told for a factory build.
They are constantly being moved back.
If there is the model you want in stock and actually in the country then that's ok.

Was told my replacement car is in stock, but this actually means it's on a boat on its way to the UK!
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous car 2.2d Mazda 6
exguitarman

Post by exguitarman »

Just got back from my dealer after booking my 2018 Niro PHEV in for some modifications that were needed.
The dealer said the reason why it is such a long time waiting for a PHEV is that Kia are holding back production pending the new all electric Niro
which my dealer said will be available in the UK early 2019.
Looks good 280 miles to a charge.
Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

That sounds logical but doesn't explain the delay for the non PHEV models
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous car 2.2d Mazda 6
derson

Post by derson »

Kia Has not informed dealer - just no info. No info on kia website. I have received answer from kia uk official customer service - they are not able to answer about what's going on.

Too many unknowns it pissing me off.
Just looking for alternatives but they not exist.
Topicalcat

Post by Topicalcat »

If you read the Which reports on CO2 emissions, the Niro does not do well, that is polite, it comes near the bottom for hybrids. To comply with the latest standards from September no doubt they are making some essential changes. Worth waitng for the update I suppose but some Kia dealers are in denial and not being honest. My local dealer was honest about the delays so I can recommend TMS the Kia dealer in Hinckley. I quite fancied a Niro but in view of the delays have ordered a Hyundai Kona electric which arrives 10th September.
🚙
nwdaniel

Post by nwdaniel »

We have been quoted 5-10 days when we ordered. Aslong as we choose from white, black or grey as the colour. We are expecting to receive the car this week :)
pjm5755

Post by pjm5755 »

My lease car PHEV arrived at the dealership on 27th July and I thought it would be a week or so for it to be registered and have its PDI, particularly as I understood it had to be registered and delivered before the first of September to comply with the world wide testing for cars. I had assumed it had been made before the testing, but the Niro will not be delivered to me until 10th September as it will be registered on the 1st for the new letters.

Its disappointing that its been a long wait for the car, but it does show that Niro cars made post-world wide test procedures are being produced and in the UK - well mine is here somewhere.
iwantanirophev

Post by iwantanirophev »

We have been told mid-October for delivery by our dealer - wait time of 4months. Let's see if it works out
Kia Niro PHEV 68 Plate
ant22

Post by ant22 »

Happy to report I’m finally picking my new Niro 4 hybrid up next Thursday! :D

Five months almost to the day since ordering!!
It’s felt like an eternity, I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post