Lead time/waiting time

All Kia Niro related discussions
derson

Post by derson »

How looks like waiting time for Kia Niro Phev for know.
I have ordered kia niro plugin hybrid over salary sacriface program and I don't have official date yet

Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

I ordered a niro 4 in April through a lease compamy and been given a delivery estimate of August.
Really?
Are they waiting for the cow to grow enough to make the leather seats?
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous car 2.2d Mazda 6
Mikec

Post by Mikec »

I’ve ordered a phev in May, which was the nil cost basic colour. Was offererd a stock white at an extra £500 which I refused. Was told it would be 12 - 14 weeks delivery. Reading other comments 12 weeks seems to be the norm.
deguy

Post by deguy »

It takes around six weeks just to get cars from Korea to Europe by sea.
Niro Spirit 2017 HEV in Ocean Blue (German spec similar to First Edition without ADAP)
Previously: Mercedes B-Class 200CDI Autotronic
aubreyd

Post by aubreyd »

I ordered my Niro 4 delivered in 7 days, but I had to take the 18inch alloy version, otherwise 3 month wait.
Really enjoying this car
kn4

Post by kn4 »

Ordered my Niro 4, with 16" wheels, back in Feb. After some four months, picked it up last week.

Car feels solid, and everything works as advertised. Enjoying driving my first hybrid car. Its very quiet when running on battery, and the mpg readouts on the display always bring me a smile.
MY18 Niro 4, 16" Wheels, Rich Espresso!
Daverobbo

Post by Daverobbo »

What mpg are you getting?
Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous car 2.2d Mazda 6
kn4

Post by kn4 »

Daverobbo wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:36 pm What mpg are you getting?
The first drive from dealership to home, showed 67 mpg, and that was a 12 mile trip.

After 200 miles of mostly in-town driving, as per the car, its averaging 55 mpg. If that continues, the car should do 540+ miles per tank.

What's everyone else getting?
MY18 Niro 4, 16" Wheels, Rich Espresso!
aubreyd

Post by aubreyd »

I drive 10 miles a day, mostly city traffic, getting 53.4 mpg, not bad at all.

Niro 4, 18in alloys in graphite grey
JimT

Post by JimT »

Not sure how relevant mpg discussion is under the OP's original post but .... Just completed an approx 2000 mile round trip from UK to Denmark, mostly motorway, and observed the following:
cruising at 70mph the consumption (indicated) was mid 50's mpg.
Cruising at 65mph the consumption improved to low to mid 60's mpg. At one stage I cruised at 60mph for about 4 hours after a fill up - I was pleased with an indicated mid to high 70's mpg. At one point it was showing over 80mpg.

I realise these are only indicated figures but they appear to be approx +2mpg of actual consumption.

In day to day driving at home I'm getting mid 60's mpg. Last winter it was averaging mid 50's mpg. I'm not unhappy with these figures.

Notes: not sure that cruise control gives the best consumption because it always seems to rev the engine into the power band to maintain selected speed.
Tyre pressures set at 38psi on Michelin energysavers (instead of 36psi).

Niro 2 on 16" rims.
Now: niro 2 (red)
Previous cars:
Citroen C3 Picasso (auto)
Renault grand scenic 1.5dci on 17" wheels (awful)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post