need extra battery

All Kia Niro related discussions
levi123

Post by levi123 »

Hey,

I have a hybrid 2018 Kia Niro
It turns out that there is no battery and alternator in this model.
I want to connect a amplifier that requires high power and I need this amplifier to connect to a battery of at least 65A
My question is, can I connect an external battery to the car's electric system?
if so, where shuld I connect to pull cables to the external battery and how will the battery charge independently ?

And does anyone know any other ways to provide power to the amplifier without damaging the vehicle's electrical system and without harming performance and fuel consumption?

Thanks to all the helpers

Steve

Post by Steve »

To answer your question regarding adding a 12volt lead acid battery is ... NO... As you know on the 2018 Niro ,the voltage to power the electronics comes from the LiPo battery , but you can't get a true 12 volts from a LiPo battery , its either 11.1 volts or 14.8 volts , i would say its 14.8 volts . But unless they use some kind of regulation to get 12 volts ..

The only safe way to add a 12 volt battery for a power amp , is to keep the battery isolated from the rest of the electronics , and charge it independently ... Depending on what Niro model you have , the model 3 has a subwoofer and power amp fitted as standard .... To be honest , don't ,mess with it ,, the hybrid system is a very complicated electronics system and you could be playing with fire .
Steve
Niro 2 in Black . LED headlight conversion .
Previous car.... Ford Kuga 163 . 2011

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post