BLUETOOTH VOICE CONTROL / ANDROID AUTO

All Kia Niro related discussions
ash1966

Post by ash1966 »

Hi....Apologies if this has been covered before. i have just taken delivery of a new Hybrid 3 and wondered how voice activation using the steering wheel button works. i keep getting a message saying that voice activation only operates when phone is connected via usb. is it not possible to make calls, change radio stations etc using voice commands without connecting up to a usb. Also i have tried android auto and it appears to be hit and miss, with a black screen appearing when touching commands and freezing followed by another message saying the phone has disconnected. Any advice would be much appreciated...although i guess i should also read the manual.. :D :D Thank you...

niroal

Post by niroal »

I have Apple rather than Android phone, but I can confirm that there is no voice control unless the phone is connected and using the mirroring function. It appears there is no Kia voice commands, it can only use the phones assistant (Siri in my case) so if there is no or weak mobile data voice commands do not work at all even to skip or change music playlists. It can never control the built in SatNav or the radio.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Suman

Post by Suman »

Regular voice control is disabled once you enable either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Why I don't know, but that's just the way they've set it...

This limitation is mentioned in the user manual somewhere.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post