Hi

All Kia Niro related discussions
Ted Heath

Post by Ted Heath »

I currently have a Land Rover discovery sport, which I have had numerous problems with. Its three year warranty runs out next March.
I was wondering if any other members have moved from Land Rover to the Nero and what there experience views are. Or if any members have any advice to give, either when I go to the dealers or any advice in general. Thanks in advance.

AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

The only advice I can give is for you to try and arrange a long and varied test drive of a Niro to see whether it would suit your lifestyle. I have migrated from a series of Audis, then Hyundais and now to KIA.

For me - the Niro is the best car I have ever owned in terms of suiting our lifestyle. We are both elderly (I'm 81) and the high seating, and easy drivings suits our old bones. The car is refined and very economical - mine has averaged 61.1 mpg over 14,100 miles of mixed motoring. This is a calculated figure taking into account all the fuel purchased - the trip computer in the car is rather optimistic.

This is likely to be our last car - and the 7 year warranty will suit us fine.

My next vehicle will be electric with handlebars and a basket on the back.
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
Ted Heath

Post by Ted Heath »

Thanks Alan for your informative response. I do think I’ll get the Nero. The car and the dealership can not be any worse an experience than I’ve had with Land Rover. I’m sure that when it comes time for your next change of car we will all be using rocket propelled jet packs. Thanks again
Suman

Post by Suman »

The main thing you will likely notice with the Niro is it appears to have no power initially but that's just due to the way the throttle is mapped in default eco mode. You get used to it and it encourages smooth driving. In Sport mode, the Niro has a surprisingly quick step off from the line.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
Ted Heath

Post by Ted Heath »

Thanks Suman