User Satisfaction

All Kia Niro related discussions
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

Kia Niro came 5th in Honest John User Satisfaction Best Carl rating
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/honest-joh ... e-results/
Kia Niro (2016 - )

Overall rating: 91.3%

The crossover market has never been more competitive, but the Kia has a clear edge with the Niro, with high satisfaction scores for running costs, build quality and all-important reliability.

According to owner feedback, the Niro is easy to drive and practical. Only slightly lower than average scores for ride comfort prevented it from achieving a higher place in this list.
It came 3rd in the crossover category, where the additional comments were made
Kia's hybrid crossover scored the best owner ratings for repair costs and technology in our list. Drivers also rate it well for build quality, low running costs and ease of driving.

But it falls a bit short when it comes to performance, where it actually scored lower than the fifth place Skoda Yeti and the 2008-incarnation Volvo XC60.
Despite the comments about reliability it doesn't feature in the top 10 for reliability.

So, I wondered how our community compares with those that took part in the survey. Do you agree or disagree with the summary? Neither I nor my passengers would agree about the poor ride comfort of my PHEV, and in Hybrid mode it certainly isn't short of grunt.

Also, if you were completing a freeform survey what you want to say about what you like and dislike about your Niro?
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel

duncanda

Post by duncanda »

I bought a 2017 Niro 3 in July and it’s my 3rd hybrid. Had a Toyota Prius for 4 years: great car, regularly over 60mpg, great boot space and rear leg room. Cheap cabin plastics though. Comfortable and easy to drive. Then I had a Lexus IS300h Exec. for 2 years. Loved this car. Plenty of instant power through the fantastic drivetrain, 40-45mpg, good boot space, xenon headlights and excellent build quality and great looks. Not very intuitive satnav. Superb driving position. Enjoyed getting into it and driving and it had some “wow” factor.

The Niro: do 100 mile commute, mainly motorway, most week days and have done about 5,000 miles so far. Good build quality, good looks, 55-60mpg, love Car Play and other tech is intuitive to use, lane guidance thingy feels awful and so don’t use it, good seating position, plenty of rear legroom, small boot and brakes lack feel. I complained about hesitation in the drivetrain and the dealer replaced the clutch actuator and updated some software, which improved the clutch response, but it’s still not very smooth. The car’s okay and it needs more power.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi all. Yes to some extent your minor grumbles ring true but on balance I think the car is good value and acceptable in all areas of comparison
h2onorth
duncanda

Post by duncanda »

Since posting and having commuted a couple of days, I'd agree with you. It's acceptable in all areas. Suspension is more comfortable than the Lexus. The biggest gripe for me with the Niro is the clutch/drive train. It just doesn't feel smooth, but the car cruises fine at 70-80mph on the motorway, which is about 98% of my commute.