Best and Worst Thing About Your Niro

All Kia Niro related discussions
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

The updates are free for 7 years (I believe) but you have to pay for the dealer having to download them onto your SD card.
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue

marjon

Post by marjon »

Ordered my PHEV (Gravity Blue) yesterday.
So if all goes to plan after driving Hyundai cars for the last 20 years I will be driving my first KIA at beginning of April :)
Brianh

Post by Brianh »

Congratulations and Gravity Blue is a really good colour (mine is Gravity Blue also!). If you are going to get a home charger I used ChargedEV who supplied me with a 7KW Chargemaster box and did a really good job. ChargedEV were recommended by my dealer. I went for the upgraded 7KW charger as it was only £20 more and although the Niro only charges at 3.6KW you never know what your next car will be.
marjon

Post by marjon »

Didn't know there was a choice of charger make. I thought because the charger is free as part of the promotion It would be a specific one with the only option being if you wanted the cable to be wired into the charger or if you wanted a connector at either end.
Working on the principle that my next car will be electric so was hoping the the charger would be 7KW or if there was an option to upgrade the install.
Brianh

Post by Brianh »

Didn't realise you were getting one free as part of promo so probably wont be a choice. I bought my PHEV ex demo earlier this year so had to pay. Having said that it was only £149 after the grant.
niroal

Post by niroal »

marjon wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:38 am @niroal
Thanks for the dog guard recommendation. Going try without one to start with as I don't think our lab will try to jump over the back seats.
So you only get 1 year Kia Assist?
or as just because its a lease?

@radar2018
Do you not get free map updates?
Ioniq has three years of free updates but can only be done by dealer. Not that the updates are that up to date still major roads missing or incorrect. I think it's exactly the same system as the Kia.
Not a major issue but I do use the traffic side of it on my daily commute. How long does the Traffic updates last is that just 1 year?
Kia assist is 1 year even for private cars, but you can extend through Kia, I could only use third party providers.

The traffic info is 7 years to my knowledge, I agree the system looks identical to the Ioniq one I test drove.

Personally I don't just use my dog guard for the dog, It overcomes the one limitation with the Niro of a smallish boot as it means you can load higher than the parcel shelf still in full safety. The privacy glass means things are not on full view either even with no blind in place.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Dln78

Post by Dln78 »

Took delivey of phev 3 yesterday. And have to say it's exceeded my expectations at the moment after reading bad reviews from certain websites. Background: I have drove nothing but manual vehicles for 20years and all have been diesels. The last being a 240bhp. So I was really apprehensive with my choice and what to expect. A few points I would like to make from some reviews:
Small room in the back - I have no idea the size of reviewers or what they are accustomed to, but I'm 6:3 and can sit in the back quite comfortably with about 2 inch to spare to the front seats (which is also positioned for me)
The engine being loud - this may be because I only know diesels, but the engine is quite, the odd little rumble when it kicks in, but it is the quietest motor I have ever owned.
Its Slugish - this is where it's surprised me and i was expecting it to be sluggish, but, I don't feel like this is sluggish at all. I'm easily up to 70 very easy and it doesn't even feel like I'm traveling at that speed. I knocked it in to sports mode and smiled as it does have a kick.
I've only done one 40mile journey and I've got 125mpg on the clock with 250mile of fuel. (The above was yesterday) . Today I've done the same route, mostly motor way driving 40 miles and this time 151mpg is showing and i drove normal, like I would any other car. Overtaking wagons, being in the third lane. Very happy at the moment.....Very happy.
Stepshort

Post by Stepshort »

Re spare wheels, I had a bad experience in France a couple of years ago where a tyre was ripped. No way a can of squirt would have worked, but the Merc had a spacesaver spare which enabled us to complete that day's travel, and then spend the next day finding a new, high speed tyre. Four dealers !! So when I bought the Kia I orderd a spare wheel, it took 7 weeks from Korea, but it is full size, complete with jack and wheel spanner, and doesn't affect the boot space at all.
Akula

Post by Akula »

Stepshort wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:20 am Re spare wheels, I had a bad experience in France a couple of years ago where a tyre was ripped. No way a can of squirt would have worked, but the Merc had a spacesaver spare which enabled us to complete that day's travel, and then spend the next day finding a new, high speed tyre. Four dealers !! So when I bought the Kia I orderd a spare wheel, it took 7 weeks from Korea, but it is full size, complete with jack and wheel spanner, and doesn't affect the boot space at all.
Doesnt affect boot space ?

So where do you store it ? The roof ?? :shock: :shock:
varun112358

Post by varun112358 »

Not sure if anybody else has experienced this. I have a Niro Hybrid and usually the engine is eager to engage even on the slightest of throttle input. However twice in my ownership of 1 month it has happened that car is running only on battery and even on higher throttle input the car remains on battery for atleast 2-3 kms.

I am not complaining as the car feels amazingly smooth and very responsive in this situation and i wanted to know if there is a way to do this more often.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post