I'm tempted by the Kia Stinger

All Kia Niro related discussions
Suman

Post by Suman »

Warning - random ramble ahead :lol:

I've had my Niro now for 18 months, and I love it. It's a First Edition spec, with all the bells and whistles - and that has a lot to do with the satisfaction I feel for it. But recently I've been looking at more and more videos of the Kia Stinger GTS on YouTube and trying to convince myself that I don't need one.

I've always loved powerful fast cars but the sensible voice in my head says that my Niro has everything I could reasonably want in a car. If I upgrade to the Stinger, it would mean shelling out a lot more money for a car that I couldn't exploit without risking my license, and one which might attract the sort of person who likes to run his keys down the side of the car.

The Niro goes as fast as the speed limit and has surprising acceleration away from the lights in Sport mode - enough for the average driver. It's super comfortable in all weathers with the heated seats and steering wheel, and with Android Auto/Car Play, it has enough technology. It's also economical in almost all driving conditions up to the speed limit, and practical enough to carry enough luggage when the seats are folded down.

And yet... I'm still imagining myself in a nearly new Stinger. Kia has definitely upped its game in terms of desirable vehicles.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo

niroal

Post by niroal »

You got me looking on Autotrader!!!!!!
I have to admit (unlike you with your previously list) /i feel I have to own something with more than 4 cylinders before they are outlawed / priced off the road.
Can't think of many other 6 cyl cars that can avoid to 40k tax for years 2-5.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite