Irritating Thumb Prints above the Lock on Rear Hatch

All Kia Niro related discussions
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

Having a white car I am irritated by the mucky thumb prints that regularly appear above the rear hatch lock.

I spotted this 3M double backed reflective strip on Amazon a couple of days ago and fitted a piece this morning. I supposed I could have used clear tape or wrap – but that always seems to gather dirt around its perimeter

Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue

Teem50

Post by Teem50 »

I shut the hatch on ours by pressing in the Kia badge. No thumb prints on the paintwork at all...

T
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

The problem occurs when opening the hatch - we both have arthritis and our thumbs contact the outside of the car when squeezing the opening pad.

On a mucky day when cars are dirty - walk down a supermarket car park and see the state of other car hatches - we are not alone.
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
Teem50

Post by Teem50 »

AlanHo wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:07 am The problem occurs when opening the hatch - we both have arthritis and our thumbs contact the outside of the car when squeezing the opening pad.
Ah. right. That's not fun, especially as something to look forward to in a few years.

Mind you, I find you don't have to squeeze ours at all, just touch the button inside and lift. Might well clog up after a few years though.

T

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post