What Niro to choose?

All Kia Niro related discussions
bobbyg

Post by bobbyg »

I like obsessed! It means folk like me can get answers to our queries!

Has anyone also looked at the BMW 2 series and the Golf GTE PHEVs? And if so, what were the pros and cons compared to the Niro?

As far as I can see Niro top spec has more toys, obviously higher seating position than Golf.

Do either of those cars have electric heaters or do they have same issues at this time of the year?

niroal

Post by niroal »

tonybkent wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 am I've been demisting using cold air on the driveway at home and during the drive. It's very effective, but I do leave the steering wheel and seats warming for a few minutes with the keys in the ignition (watching from the house of course...) so it's toasty as soon as I move off. There's no tell-tale emmisions from the exhaust telling car thieves you've left a car unattended with the engine running.

I'd love to be able to pre-heat like a proper EV using my phone, but that's not possible in the PHEV.

Having typed all of this I'm starting to realise quite how obsessed I've become!

:geek:
Ha ha!!!

I,m not quite as bad, but I will leave the climate off for at least a mile or so to ensure there is capacity in the battery before I turn the heating on (only at about 17 or 18c on driver only) to ensure that the engine running will at least charge the battery rather than just going to waste!!!
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
stever

Post by stever »

i went for niro 4 with 16inch wheels instead of 18 inch cheper road tax and better mpg very impressed with car and way it drives mpg has been fantastic
steve r

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post