KIA UK E-mailed me a Niro brochure !

All Kia Niro related discussions
HaxbyPete

Post by HaxbyPete »

Just been sent an e-mail from KIA UK with this very comprehensive e-mail brochure which covers the whole Niro 'family' of cars. Very interesting to see them all covered together and be able to compare the colour range available for each model. Still wondering why they offer such boring colours but then only offer the more exciting colors on the lower spec models (in the UK, at least) ?

I hope that this link works:

https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kwcms/k ... |button|bo

jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

I received the email too. They made a bit of a pig's ear of the specs...e.g. ....max speed 64.2. acceleration 0-60 68.9 etc.
I hope that the Kia factory has better quality control than their publicity department!
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Me too!!
The appallingly B O R I N G colour palette { do Kia use the same colout blind colour chooser as Skoda??} for the E Niro may persaude me to order a Hyundai E Kona!
AND WHY do they have halogen headlamps on an EV are they totally bonkers? LEDs are available on rhe E Niro in other markets? Why not U.K.?
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.
niroal

Post by niroal »

My thought for the halogen only headlights on the PHEV & EV for right hand drive is if they were to offer LED lights it would be another light unit they would have to type approve for what is still a low volume car. Why they don't use the Xenon light already available from the Niro 4 is more of a mystery.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
niroal

Post by niroal »

Interesting to see the emissions changes under WLTP
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

My Kodiaq, 17 reg, and my Karoq, 68 reg both have LED headlights as do many other modern cars.
So why should Kia have a problem? LED headlights are available in other markets on the E Niro so why does the U.K get the hind t*t?
I can't help thinking Kia have made a 'blooper' using headlights from the 20th century on what appears will be a 21st century market leader/winner, before it is even available here.
I don't know about thePHEV but the e Niro will not be a 'low volume car'. The waiting time is now about a year.
At one point Kia dealers were told that ALL dealers WILL have at least one demo. Now, apparently, they have said that only selected dealers may have ONE demo.
Apparently part of the problem is that Samsung (who make the battery packs) can't keep up with demand!!
79 cars so far! Now 71 Reg eNiro 4+ Yacht Blue.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)
Mod Karoq & HR-V forums.
niroal

Post by niroal »

Colin Lambert wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:27 am My Kodiaq, 17 reg, and my Karoq, 68 reg both have LED headlights as do many other modern cars.
So why should Kia have a problem? LED headlights are available in other markets on the E Niro so why does the U.K get the hind t*t?
I can't help thinking Kia have made a 'blooper' using headlights from the 20th century on what appears will be a 21st century market leader/winner, before it is even available here.
I don't know about thePHEV but the e Niro will not be a 'low volume car'. The waiting time is now about a year.
At one point Kia dealers were told that ALL dealers WILL have at least one demo. Now, apparently, they have said that only selected dealers may have ONE demo.
Apparently part of the problem is that Samsung (who make the battery packs) can't keep up with demand!!
The Niro has been out for almost 3 years now, so perhaps in a year or so it will be due a mid cycle facelift. They have already said they have said they are all sold until 2020 (600 cars).
Assume the development costs for RHD LED lights to get through type approval is £100,000, to spread that over 600 cars would be close on £200 per car. That is not covering the additional physical cost for the LED lights over the candles that are currently fitted.

Being cynical they have sold out anyway so why spend the extra!!!! Who cares if a few people were put off, they have a waiting list!!!

I feel its the same with the UK PHEV not getting the upgraded instrument cluster that is fitted in Europe.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
niroal

Post by niroal »

Facelift now announced:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/moto ... design-new

If the UK models still lag behind then I agree Kia have dropped a clanger.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

So, the brand new brochure is already out of date!
I'd like to know when the facelifted models will become available - not for some considerable time I'd guess.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel
Seboni122

Post by Seboni122 »

So I will not be ordering a first edition and will wait for the next upgrade brochure to arrive, looking like led fog and headlights will be on the facelift as a package option

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post