USB

All Kia Niro related discussions
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

Thanks for that, John. I clearly didn't have the patience to wait until it turned off. However, Even if it was powered permanently, I think it would take a very long time (probably months) to discharge the battery on the USB charger, as you would only be pulling a couple of watts from it or a small fraction of a watt if the device is fully charged and in standby mode.
>>>>>The ignition switch normally has a separate position for that.<<<<<<

It has but every 3 or 4 minutes it flashes up "Start Engine or battery will discharge"
It will still discharge if the radio is playing with the key out of the ignition; as it would on any car.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel

niroal

Post by niroal »

I’m not sure on the PHEV!!! The number of times I get the battery saver activated while car stopped notification when I start the car is quite high
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
radar2018

Post by radar2018 »

>>I’m not sure on the PHEV!!! The number of times I get the battery saver activated while car stopped notification when I start the car is quite high<<

I had noticed that, but I had nothing plugged in.

There is usually a live socket somewhere, in the earlier KIA's it was in the boot
KIA NIRO PHEV OCT 2018 Gravity Blue
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

I think the notification is related to the time spent with the key in the ignition and the car stopped, not to the state of battery charge, or the current being drawn....I might be wrong, does anyone have a definitive answer to this?
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel
niroal

Post by niroal »

This is a separate notification to the battery discharge message you get if you sit in the car after turning the ignition off
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite