PHEV:- ICE vs EV mileage

All Kia Niro related discussions
TheMKD

Post by TheMKD »

Is there a way of finding out total EV and ICE mileage?

niroal

Post by niroal »

Not that I've found.

However as when the ICE is running, especially if it is just heating the interior, the car is physically being driven by the electric motor and regularly if you are asking for a bit more performance the car is being driven by both power sources. Also even when the EV range has officially depleted the car can drive on harvested electricity like the standard hybrid so for me it would be very difficult to definitively quote one or the other.

While driving on the centre console you can see what power source has been used recently, but I think it is only for the last 30 mins.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

This question has come up several times. There is no known way, but I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that extra information is stored as diagnostics somewhere. However, as NiroAl says, it isn't a case of either/or. You can have the battery driving the wheels and the ICE powering the heater, both power sources driving the wheels, or it could be coasting, regenerating charge for the battery, but not using either power source.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel
TheMKD

Post by TheMKD »

Thanks for this.

Doesn’t matter very much in the grand scheme of things, basically being nosy.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post