Spare Tire for 2019 Hybrid Niro

All Kia Niro related discussions
Johnxyz

Post by Johnxyz »

I am preparing to buy a new 2019 Niro EX. Could an owner of a 2019 Niro tell me if there is enough room under the interior cargo area mat/floor to put a smaller size spare?

We do not have a local Niro dealer I will have to travel to pick up my new vehicle when we get it .When we test drove one I had to go to another city. My point being there are none locally to look at. I forgot to check the one we drove for the space under the rear cargo area

Thank you

jerrytaff

Post by jerrytaff »

Niro EX? I guess you must be based in N. America. I imagine the EX is fitted the same as the European models. If so, then there is a plastic tray under the mat which contains the tyre repair kit. If you remove that tray, there is plenty of room for a space saver spare, jack and wheel brace, which you can get from Kia,(or for a better price elsewhere). I believe that some owners have managed to source a full size spare which will also fit in the space - I'm not sure whether that only applies to the 16" wheel, or if there is room for the 18". Unfortunately, the plug-in has a reduced space due to the larger battery, and there isn't room even for the space saver.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel
Johnxyz

Post by Johnxyz »

Yes I am from North America. Thank you for your reply
Stepshort

Post by Stepshort »

We are in UK and have a Niro 4 , we bought a full size spare wheel and that easily fits in the space under the floor

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post