Kia Niro 2 leak

All Kia Niro related discussions
Staubyns72

Post by Staubyns72 »

I have noticed in the last few days a water/substance leak which seems to be coming from under the centre of the car behind the engine. It seems to be slightly oily. I suspect air con, hopefully I am right. Can anyone reassure me?

djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

At risk of causing offence, are you sure it isn’t just condensed water dribbling out of the air con after you have parked the car?

Do you get the same leak if you’ve driven around without the air con on?
Staubyns72

Post by Staubyns72 »

Sorry, I did not make myself clear :( I suspect it is condensate from the air con but I did not make that obvious. I'll run the car today without air con on and see what happens.
ron in new mexico

Post by ron in new mexico »

Just wanted to mention, I just had my PHEV serviced here in the US, and they had a recall of a tiny gasket in the cooling system. It only took a tiny bit of time to have this gasket replaced. Don't know if this applies to other Niros, or if it is present outside of the US. Expect one could check the technical service bulletins to see.
ron in new mexico

Post by ron in new mexico »

In the states unless a recall is a safety issue, they do not have to notify you. Expect that may be different in the UK, as your consumer laws are typically better than ours. But checked and it is the service bulletin SA365, OBC inlet detach gasket replace. This only applies to a certain range of manufacture however. Seemingly yours may or may not be one. A coolant leak would be the eventual result, though I did not have one.
Staubyns72

Post by Staubyns72 »

Thanks for the replies. Over the last few days I have done long and short trips with the air con off/ and on. I have just done a round trip of 160 miles with air con on, no leaks. Before that 60 miles with air con off, no leaks. So I guess the juries out out on this one. Off to France for 10 days next week, hopefully no problems.

Ps, I'll check with Kia Re the updates

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post