UVO anyone ?

All Kia Niro related discussions
HaxbyPete

Post by HaxbyPete »

Has anyone found a really good purpose for UVO on their Niro yet ? I downloaded the App into my iPhone and then paired it up with my new Niro HEV. It took quite am lot of doing, with many attempts to pair sitting in the car, but I got there in the end.

Now I am left thinking 'so what' ? It doesn't seem to do much ? Or am I missing something ?

Is anyone else using UVO and getting something from it that I am not ?

Annoyingly, I seem to need to log in again every tjme me I want to use it from my iPhone.Is that normal ?

Adnic81

Post by Adnic81 »

Is UVO not just for the E-Niro?
Pamandpete

Post by Pamandpete »

Hi

In reply to your ivory question.
The same thoughts were going through my mind and I was considering disconnecting the app from my Niro.
But just recently whilst sitting in a cafe and deciding the route to my next destination, I found I could select my destination on the uvo app by placing my finger on my desired destination and then sending it to the car.
When I had finished my break and next got in the car and switched on, the car came up with the destination I had sent and asked if I wanted to drive to that destination.
I have found this feature useful on several occasions now as I can select my destinations at my leisure on my phone and by sending to the car this was much easier and quicker than sitting in the car and setting destination.

You might find this useful as well

Pete
Bluedave

Post by Bluedave »

I have connected UVO and have found the map destination selection useful. Also being able to check the status of the vehicle on the phone. I have also been sent a message on the phone telling me that I had forgot to lock the car! I was used to my Renault auto locking. I believe there will be a lot more features in the future eg. Switching on heated seats in the future but possibly at a cost.
lovemycar

Post by lovemycar »

Well, the old cells in my head got lost as well as my month old Niro when i forgot where i parked it , out comes the phone with the app and hey presto !!...tells me where my car is !...great wee app !
Kia Niro 3 Self Charging ...Colour is Graphite ( premium)....2019