SD card music?

All Kia Niro related discussions
Chewdadda

Post by Chewdadda »

Hi guys,
I've just ordered a new Niro 2 HEV and, like most, like to learn a bit about features and controls before it arrives.
I've downloaded the online manual, etc, searched on Google, but failed to discover if the SD card with my music on I use in my current car can be used in the Niro.
Any advice please?

Rob

AlanW55

Post by AlanW55 »

The SD card slot is used by the satnav. Transfer your music to a USB flash drive and insert it in one of the USB sockets below the dash. Then select MEDIA, you should see your music.
UK 2021 Mark 1 HEV 4 in silky silver, standard spec.
previously UK 2017 First Edition HEV in pearlescent white, standard spec.
Suman

Post by Suman »

If you have a relatively up to date Android phone or iPhone your best bet is to plug the phone in and use Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

Quite apart from your music being available, you can use voice commands to play it as well as apps like Waze for navigation.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
davethesteam

Post by davethesteam »

I have not tried this, but would plugging your SD card into a card reader, then using the USB solution given by Alan55 work?