Current Car?

The place to discuss everything else..
SBBJT

Post by SBBJT »

What's everyone's current car and why are you changing to a Niro?

Jad3d

Post by Jad3d »

I had a Ford pickup truck but that crapped out on me last year. I haven't used it much the last few years anyways with being out of the country on and off for school. I stopped working when I started that so haven't needed one since.
Delawarean

Post by Delawarean »

I am still driving my `06 Honda Civic coupe, with 317k miles. My car longevity "secrets" are synthetic oil, and a https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/transmis ... ge-system/ every 50k miles.

I followed and anticipated the arrival of the Gen 4 Prius for a long time. "Longer" and "lower" were not what I want in my next car!
AlanHo

Post by AlanHo »

I have a 2015 Facelift KIA Venga 3 Auto - a fine car which I will be happy to keep if my White Niro 2 with ADAP, which I ordered last month, fails to be delivered before 1st April 2017
Currently Sept 2021 Niro 3 HEV in Ocean Blue
MrAnderson

Post by MrAnderson »

I was still driving my (old faithful) 2000 Rover 75 until I got this Niro '3' at the start of this month, it's a beautiful car and was only offered £100 in PX against the Niro, I declined their offer & it resides in the other half of my garage until I decide what to do with it..

rover.jpg

Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

We had a lovely Pearl White Sorento KX-4 mainly to tow our touring caravan. We decided to discontinue caravanning, so the Sorento was just too big for our needs. The Niro 4 was our choice mostly for economy and the looming diesel stigma.

IMG_0269.JPG

MY22 Kia Niro 2 - Pearl White

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
niroal

Post by niroal »

Old Salt wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:43 pm We had a lovely Pearl White Sorento KX-4 mainly to tow our touring caravan. We decided to discontinue caravanning, so the Sorento was just too big for our needs. The Niro 4 was our choice mostly for economy and the looming diesel stigma.

IMG_0269.JPG
As ex caravaners we too have made sure we can't go back by having a car with no legal tow weight!!! Where was that picture taken, my guess is a Caravan Club site as it looks like TV sockets on the electric posts!!!

Nice new 'van there, it must have been a side time to see that go.

Our previous car was a Kuga, again even though it was Eu 6 it went because of diesel stigma.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

niroal wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:50 am
As ex caravaners we too have made sure we can't go back by having a car with no legal tow weight!!! Where was that picture taken, my guess is a Caravan Club site as it looks like TV sockets on the electric posts!!!

Nice new 'van there, it must have been a side time to see that go.

Our previous car was a Kuga, again even though it was Eu 6 it went because of diesel stigma.
We were at the Culloden Moor Caravan Club site near Inverness. Not a particularly nice site as virtually every pitch was sloping. We did a 9 weeks tour of Scotland and the Northeast last summer. Out of the 9 weeks we had 1 week of decent weather. The caravan was nice but suffered from poor build quality, due to the manufacturers attempts to reduce weight. We had to screw the wardrobe onto the wall after every tow, not impressed.

David
MY22 Kia Niro 2 - Pearl White

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise
niroal

Post by niroal »

Our last ‘van was a 2010 Bailey Pegasus 524 that was pretty good structure wise. In 2014 we swapped from a tourer to a static in Dorset & it is much more relaxing. We bought the static while we were staying on a very wet Caravan Club site on Easter Sunday. We were on a grass pitch as it was a school holiday & the awning was sitting in over an inch of water when the weather was at its worst.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Suman

Post by Suman »

Before my Niro, I had a 2007 Mercedes GL420 CDI. It was a lovely car when it worked, but alas it was riddled with electrical, suspension and engine problems. The air suspension had gone on 3 corners and cost £3000 to fix, then the 4th corner went. I also had an oil leak from the engine which I was advised was in the turbo and required the engine out to repair. All in, I was expecting repairs to come to £10K.

We buy any car offered £6K assuming the car was in excellent condition. The Kia dealer offered me £7500 against an ex-demo first edition Niro at £22995 so I went for it.

General - 212.jpg

Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo