Kia opens a Subway shop inside a dealership

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

How about a footlong with your next Kia?

Natasha-Khan-Subway-Stockton-580x354.jpg

The Kia dealership at Preston Farm, Stockton on Tees – ranked as one of the biggest in Britain for Kia Motors – has opened the outlet on the front of its existing showroom, creating nine new jobs and marking the beginning of a new business venture.

The sandwich bar is one of two Subways to open within a dealership (following the launch of Skipton Ford’s in North Yorkshire in November last year) and will be run by Natasha Khan, the 26-year-old daughter of Jennings Motor Group manager Nas Khan.

The well-known fast-food brand now has 500 stories located in innovative locations across the country, from petrol station forecourts and universities to hospitals and convenience stores.

Greg Madigan, area development manager for Subway UK and Ireland, said: ‘Non-traditional locations are a key area of growth for the brand in the UK and Ireland.

‘The simple operations that are involved in running a Subway franchise and the convenience offer make it a perfect fit for these style locations, in this case for dealership customers and those visiting the store.’

Nas said: “It is the perfect venue and indeed location for such a successful brand and will be a great complement to our dealership.”

danielledavidson

Post by danielledavidson »

Wow, that is pretty interesting. I mean I get that they say it's a 'great location' but I don't see how it can be a good location. I mean yeah, a decent amount of people are going to come to get cars, but that doesn't always mean they are going to eat there.