Kia Dealers.. Good..Bad ..or Indifferent?

The place to discuss everything else..
Colin Lambert

Kia Dealers.. Good..Bad ..or Indifferent?

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:25 pm

On One of the Skoda forums, when I said that I would seriously be considering an E Niro, a member warned me that both dealers and Kia U.K . have (in general) a pretty poor reputation for good service (general, not necessarily mechanical) , Often not interested in warranty claims and that KIA U.K are proving less than helpful and have no grasp of 'lemon car' problems being generally pretty unhelpful.

Any comments positive or negative would be greatly appreciated and if any of you have experiences, good or bad, of Chalkes of Yeovil or Mere I would be even more interested as I am not prepared to use my local dealer as they ruined any chance of doing business with me regarding a Nissan some years ago.
Many thanks.

jerrytaff

Re: Kia Dealers.. Good..Bad ..or Indifferent?

Post by jerrytaff » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:19 am

I think that Kia dealers cover the whole gamut from awful to excellent. I don't have any experience with Chalkes, but so far my limited interactions with my local dealer - TowerHill (near Kings Langley, Herts) have been only positive.

Can I suggest you try the other forum ... https://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/ ? They have a much larger user base as they cover the whole Kia range, with separate forums for each model. They also have a section dedicated to Kia Dealers - If you search there you are bound to find a thread or two about Chalkes.

Incidentally Kia Customer Services are active on that forum, and seem to be quite proactive in intervening to ensure a good outcome when people post about problems getting issues resolved with their local dealer.
2018 PHEV 3 in Gravity Blue :D
Previous DS (formerly Citroen) DS5 Prestige BlueHDi S/S Auto 2.0, Jaguar X type 2.0 S Diesel

Colin Lambert

Re: Kia Dealers.. Good..Bad ..or Indifferent?

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Many thanks Jerry, I will do as you suggest.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”