New First Edition

New to the Kia UK Forums? Introduce yourself here
Suman

Post by Suman »

I managed to fit my old dashcam to the Niro today. I have a Transcend Drive Pro 200 with a suction cup window mount, and I was able to fit it to the top of the windscreen to the left of the main mirror. It's not a perfect view, but it's unobtrusive. I got a 5m USB mini power lead and tucked it into the headlining and down the driver's side of the car under the driver's seat and under the central cubby and up into the USB charger.

Apart from cutting a tiny bit of the felt base for the central cubby, no modifications to the car were needed.
Last edited by Suman on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo

ASW

Post by ASW »

Having been impressed with my Kia Sportage KX4 for the past 3 years I've just ordered the Niro First Edition in White. Cannot wait now to play with the extra toys it comes with.
Only 13 days 23 hrs to go lol
djpfaff

Post by djpfaff »

smileymiley wrote:Hi Suman,
The adaptive cruise control does indeed stop the car! It's quite good fun slowing without touching anything. .. the cruise control needs to be reactivated afterwards.
In actual fact, it doesn't stop, it disengages when the speed drops below 5mph and you will have intervene yourself otherwise it WILL bump into the car in front (and no, luckily don't know this from experience) but the fact that it disengages at all (without intervention) is not very good.
David P.
Currrent Car: Niro - First Edition (Ocean Blue)
Previous Car: B-Class - 2013
Next Car: Autonomous - 2020
niroal

Post by niroal »

djpfaff wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:20 pm
smileymiley wrote:Hi Suman,
The adaptive cruise control does indeed stop the car! It's quite good fun slowing without touching anything. .. the cruise control needs to be reactivated afterwards.
In actual fact, it doesn't stop, it disengages when the speed drops below 5mph and you will have intervene yourself otherwise it WILL bump into the car in front (and no, luckily don't know this from experience) but the fact that it disengages at all (without intervention) is not very good.
Does the emergency braking not kick in when the cruise disengages if you do not react?
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Suman

Post by Suman »

I didn't want to risk finding out so I braked myself. So far in normal driving, I've had the forward collision warning bleep at me but I've always done the braking myself.
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
niroal

Post by niroal »

Suman wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:15 pm I didn't want to risk finding out so I braked myself. So far in normal driving, I've had the forward collision warning bleep at me but I've always done the braking myself.
Sounds the safest way!!! Is the warning sound a bit premature or is it pretty reliable?

The videos on the NCAP test are quite impressive.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Suman

Post by Suman »

I'd say it's pretty reliable and just when you need it, not premature. I believe there's a setting for how paranoid it is but I can't remember off the top of my head.
niroal

Post by niroal »

Suman wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:14 pm I'd say it's pretty reliable and just when you need it, not premature. I believe there's a setting for how paranoid it is but I can't remember off the top of my head.
Sounds good
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite