Seat comfort

All Kia Niro related discussions
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

It's early days yet as I only collected my Niro 4 on Friday but the drivers seat seems very firm and I'm hoping it will soften with use and become more comfortable. I dont remember the demo car being as firm.

How does anyone else find the seat comfort and is my hope that it will get better in vain?
Current: Kia Niro 4 in Ocean Blue
Previous: Citroen DS4, Hyundai i40 Premium Tourer,Ford Mondeo Econetic

JimT

Post by JimT »

Just done a 120 mile trip and found the seat in my niro 2 VERY firm and rather uncomfortable i.e. numb bum on getting out. As you say, I also hope the seats adjust with wear.
Now: niro 2 (red)
Previous cars:
Citroen C3 Picasso (auto)
Renault grand scenic 1.5dci on 17" wheels (awful)
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

JimT wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:33 am Just done a 120 mile trip and found the seat in my niro 2 VERY firm and rather uncomfortable i.e. numb bum on getting out. As you say, I also hope the seats adjust with wear.
I'm not the only one which is a relief in one way, I've got a 150 mile trip this weekend which I was looking forward to as it involves a scenic and mountainous trip across Wales. The seat firmness is one element I wasn't expecting.

Hopefully someone will have some positive news about it improving with a few miles...
Suman

Post by Suman »

Seat comfort in the Niro is in my opinion its biggest problem. It's not so bad in the First Edition with the adjustable lumbar support and good range of adjustment, but for the front passenger seat, I have added a lumbar support cushion from Amazon which makes all the difference.
Kia Stinger GTS in Panthera Metallic Grey
Previously: Kia Niro First Edition in Pearlescent White, Mercedes GL 420 cdi, Lexus LS460 SE-L, Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 dci, Lexus LS 460 SE-L, Renault Megane 1.9 dci, Toyota Supra 3.0 Turbo
djbobbins

Post by djbobbins »

Interesting; I thought that the my Niro 2 were a bit soft if anything, but I have got accustomed to them.
h2onorth

Post by h2onorth »

Hi all re seats. Generally no one so far has said seats are hard and for me personally much better than my i30 Hyundia.
What makes are you migrating from?
h2onorth
niroal

Post by niroal »

h2onorth wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:07 am Hi all re seats. Generally no one so far has said seats are hard and for me personally much better than my i30 Hyundia.
What makes are you migrating from?
h2onorth
Both original 2 posters are ex Citroen drivers.....

They are renowned for softer seats than the norm so you could be onto something there.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite
Knuttucks

Post by Knuttucks »

I had the Citroen for 6 months to use up the remaining time on a lease, prior to that I had a Hyundai i40 with leather seats for 3 years. The Niro leather seats are definitely much firmer than those in the i40 (narrower too).
niroal

Post by niroal »

I guess as the Niro is a size below the i40 maybe the reason for the narrower seats. Part of the press stuff for the Niro mentions the seats are lightweight, maybe there is a correlation.
Niro 3 PHEV Graphite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post